Ashland, MA – The Boston Channel– Two women are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after an incident Thursday in Ashland.

Ashland fire department spokesman Peter Chisholm said that the department was called to a condominium in town for a report of a toxic odor.

On arrival, they found an unresponsive 81-year-old woman in her bedroom and the car running in the garage. Chisholm says it appears the woman left the car running when she returned home and forgot to turn it off.

The woman was taken to an undisclosed hospital specializing in carbon monoxide poisoning in Rhode Island. Her daughter was being treated at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham. She was said to be in good condition.

Chisholm said the incident underscores the need to have working carbon monoxide detectors and properly maintaining home heating furnaces.