Dover, NH – One woman from Mineral Park was taken to the hospital after a carbon monoxide detector in her unit went off just before noon Thursday.

The woman, who had flu-like symptoms, was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital by ambulance, according to Captain Christopher Jacques of the Dover Fire Department.

Jacques said workers from Unitil checked the property with highly sensitive testers, but found nothing near the area of the burner and the stove.

A male resident and the family cat were evacuated as Jacques, two members of the fire department and the Unitil employee ensured the unit was safe. They were allowed to return to the residence by 12:15 p.m.

Alan Krans, executive director of Dover Housing Authority, commended the fire department for arriving promptly. He was on the scene, along with Bob Joslin, a police officer dedicated to watching over all 184 units in the Mineral Park area.