Barry County, MI – A Barry county woman is dead for after her home went up in flames following a suspected natural gas explosion early Wednesday morning.

Around 2:40 a.m. several neighbors called 911 after hearing an explosion in the 12000 block of Park Drive on Gun Lake.

Investigators believe a gas meter on the side of the home exploded, causing the fire.

At least five fire departments from Barry and Allegan Counties responded to the scene. The flames were knocked down in about an hour, however crews allowed the remaining natural gas to burn off.

The home is considered a total loss.