Margaretville, DE- An 80-year old unidentified woman died in an explosion Thursday night at a house on Beaman Road in the Margaretville area of eastern Delaware County.

The explosion and fire leveled the house around 7 p.m. Thursday, according to the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office.

An initial investigation showed the woman may have turned on the hot water faucet which activated a tankless heater, but an apparent propane leak in the basement caused an explosion and subsequent fire.

State and county investigators were at the scene this morning.