Florence, OR- A Florence woman is in a Portland hospital with burns over 25-percent of her body after a fire and explosion in her motorhome.
Firefighters found 60-year-old Jessica Woodruff on the ground outside her motorhome just after the Sunday evening explosion.
Authorities say they don’t know if Woodruff was thrown out of the R-V by the explosion or if she got out under her own power.
They cite a portable propane heater as the probable cause of the fire. It destroyed the motorhome.
The woman’s pet dog did not survive. Fire officials say they believe Woodruff was living in the R-V while it was parked at a storage facility on Highway 101.