Louisville, KY – A woman has died and a man and a child were transported to the hospital tonight after they were exposed to carbon monoxide, a Louisville Metro Police spokesman said.

Emergency workers responded to a call about 8:15 p.m. at a home in the 5000 block of Delaware St., where three people had been exposed to carbon monoxide, Officer Phil Russell said.

The woman was found dead at the scene, a MetroSafe Communications supervisor said. The man was transported to Jewish Hospital and the child was transported to Kosair Children’s Hospital, the supervisor said.

Russell said there was a generator inside the home, which is in the Newburg area. “It looks like a tragic accident,” he said.

Since the storm, Jewish Hospital has treated at least 14 people for carbon monoxide exposure who were improperly using generators in their homes or businesses, according to a hospital release.