Boca Raton, FL – A 29-year-old woman died from carbon monoxide poisoning in her home west of Boca Raton, and her boyfriend — who was overcome by the odorless gas — is recovering in West Boca Medical Center, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said.

Their identifications were not immediately released.

Around 11:18 p.m. Thursday, some of the man’s friends were looking for him and found his car outside of the woman’s home in the 7400 block of Avenida Del Mar but no one was answering the door, sheriff’s spokeswoman Teri Barbera said.

The friends flagged down a deputy who helped them get into the home. They found the woman dead in the bathroom. They found boyfriend, who had been visiting, groggy in the bedroom, Barbera said.

Deputies found the girlfriend’s car, which has a keyless-entry system, in the garage. It was not running, but it was impounded as part of the investigation, Barbera said.

County Fire-Rescue Capt. Don DeLucia said the carbon monoxide levels in the home were more than 150 percent of what is considered dangerous. The home had no carbon monoxide detector, he said.