Kenosha, WI- Natural gas is being blamed for an explosion that rocked a Kenosha neighborhood Thursday morning.

A vacant house exploded at about 7:28 a.m. in the 4100 block of 32nd Avenue.

When Kenosha police and fire departments responded to the scene, they found the house completely demolished and on fire.

Energies responded and shut of the gas, police said.

“I can’t describe it. It was so loud and the sound of everything breaking,” neighbor Gale Berry said.

No one was injured, according to police, but surrounding houses were evacuated as a precaution.

Debris from the house was found as far as one block away, police said.

Nearby houses were damaged, according to Kenosha police.

“We feel very strong that part of the problem was natural gas leaking into the house,” Kenosha Fire Department Battalion Chief John Poltrock said.

Firefighters are still sifting through the boards for an official cause.