Ravenna Township, MI-

Fire officials say a kitchen stove that caught fire caused a mobile home explosion, killing a western Michigan man.

The Muskegon Chronicle reports Wednesday that 71-year-old Marvin Lanning died in the morning explosion in Ravenna Township about 30 miles northwest of Grand Rapids. The force of the blast was felt by neighbors and left the mobile home in twisted sheets of metal.

Authorities say Lanning had converted the stove from natural gas to propane, which started to leak while he was sleeping.

Daughter Peggy Molewik says her father lived alone. He moved to the area from Cadillac after suffering a stroke.