Page, AZ- PAGE — The first of two fires to strike the Wahweap area of Lake Powell last weekend burned a motor home, two vehicles, a boat and empty boat trailer early Saturday morning, the National Park Service said Wednesday.

A Glen Canyon National Recreation Area news release said security employees at the Lake Powell lodge advised dispatch of a motor home on fire in the parking lot, and that the fire was spreading to other vehicles.

The motor home and other vehicles were fully involved in fire when park service rangers and maintenance employees responded. During the course of the fire, four more vehicles and the canvas covering on another boat sustained damage, the release stated.

Fire investigators from the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office arrived, and an investigation revealed the fire started in the center of the unoccupied motor home and possibly involved electrical systems and or a propane leak. Preliminary damage estimates exceed $260,000.

Firefighters were called again Monday afternoon to the Wahweap RV Park, after a propane explosion burned the home of an ARAMARK employee. The release said the occupant was changing the propane tank in her RV when a hose came loose from the tank and forced propane into the atmosphere surrounding the pilot light of her refrigerator.

The gas exploded and consumed the RV within a short time, the release said. The employee received flash burns to her arms and face and was taken to Page Hospital for treatment.

— Todd Glasenapp, Sun Staff corresponden