Hinesburg, VT – A Vermont teenager has died in an apparent case of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Hinesburg Police were notified Tuesday afternoon of a suspicious vehicle parked at the end of a street off Texas Hill Rd. Officers found an unresponsive male inside the locked, running vehicle.

A preliminary investigation indicates the 17-year-old was sleeping in the vehicle. Alcohol and/or drugs are not believed to be a factor.

The teen was from St. George and was a senior at Champlain Valley Union High School in Hinesburg.