West Jordan, UT – Carbon monoxide is believed to have killed two carpet cleaners Saturday in West Jordan.

Investigators did not immediately identify the pair. West Jordan firefighters were called to the home near 6000 W. Miners Mesa Drive (6920 South) about 6:25 p.m. Saturday and found two adults inside.

The man and woman were unconscious and apparently suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, said West Jordan Fire Chief Marc McElreath. They had been running the cleaning van in the attached garage, possibly to run the equipment mounted inside, McElreath said.

The two were taken to Jordan Valley Hospital in “extremely critical condition,” McElreath said. They died later that night.

West Jordan police were interviewing neighbors to figure out how long the workers had been at the house. Officers are waiting for the gas to clear from the home before going inside and investigating further.

It was not immediately clear Saturday evening whether anyone was living at the house, or if the cleaners were there to prepare the home for sale, McElreath said.

There were apparently no working carbon monoxide alarms in the home, McElreath said.