PA – Post Gazette – Two people were taken to St. Clair Hospital yesterday morning because of carbon monoxide poisoning in a Mt. Lebanon home apparently caused by a car left running in a garage overnight.

The poisoning occurred about 6:30 a.m. in a townhouse in the 800 block of Kingsberry Circle in the Woodridge plan.

Seven condominium units were evacuated and two elderly residents were unconscious when they were taken to the hospital, Mt. Lebanon Fire Department Platoon Chief Glenn Wallace said yesterday.

Firefighters took a reading of more than 1,000 parts per million of carbon monoxide in the residence. Chief Wallace said an acceptable level for working conditions under federal regulations is 35 parts per million.

“You could die under those conditions in a short period of time,” Chief Wallace said, referring to the carbon monoxide levels in the home.