Henderson, NC- WWAY News -Carbon monoxide poisoning killed two people who were using generators because last week’s ice storm cut their electricity, raising the storm’s death toll in North Carolina to six.
Icy rain fell over much of the western part of the state on Thursday, causing scores of traffic accidents and interrupting electric service to thousands of customers as ice-laden trees fell on power lines.
Some 37-thousand-300 Duke Power customers in North Carolina, including 14-thousand in Henderson County, were still without power this afternoon.
The Charlotte-based company expected to have power restored to nearly all customers by tomorrow night.
Authorities said Melissa Ann Davison was found dead Saturday in her home in Champion Hills, and dentist James W. Patterson Junior died yesterday in his home in Laurel Park.