area homeNear Revere, MO – Carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to be the cause of the deaths of two men in Clark County over the weekend.

Sheriff Paul Gaudette told KTVO the source of the carbon monoxide appears to have been a faulty furnace.

Joe Swank, 68, of Revere, Missouri and Robin McClean, 52, of Lenir, North Carolina were found dead Saturday morning right before sheriff’s deputies were called to a report of two unconscious men at a house on Route DD 1.3 miles north of Revere.

Clark County Coroner Edwin Wilson determined the preliminary cause of death appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials are waiting for the final toxicology report.