Two Madison residents, Mary Nelams, 49,and Nathan Boyd Crabtree, 35,were found dead on Saturday, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning, at the Redlands Wildlife Management Area in Greene County. According to information reported by the Greensboro Herald Journal, Greene County Sheriff Chris Houston said, “On Saturday, November 28, 2009 around noon deputies responded to the Redlands Wildlife Management Area off of Reid Duvall Road. in reference to assisting the Georgia Department of Natural Resources with a death investigation involving two people. A Ranger was first on the scene and was directed by hunters to a camper that was occupied by the victims. He gained entry into the camper and located a deceased woman in the bathroom and a deceased man in the bedroom. The camper was air tight and there were no signs of any foul play.”

“I interviewed the other hunters at the campground and all told the same story. The couple were happy the night before when they went to their camper for the evening. All evidence points to carbon monoxide poisoning however the cause of death is pending autopsy results from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab in Atlanta,” Houston said.