Salem, OR- StatesmanJournal

An elderly couple was injured this afternoon when the heating unit inside their travel trailer exploded, Salem firefighters said.

The explosion shortly before 1:15 p.m. shook the neighborhood around the 4000 block of Duane Drive, where the trailer was, and could be heard for blocks.

The man, 70, and woman, 63, were taken to Salem Hospital and were reported to be in stable condition, firefighters said.

Investigators believe the heating unit malfunctioned, resulting in a propane explosion. The blast destroyed the trailer. Damage is estimated at $6,000.