Anchorage, AK –
Two Kenai residents are being treated for injuries sustained when their travel trailer exploded on the Seward Highway.
Alaska State Troopers say Frank and Corey O’Brien had been camping Friday morning in their 22-foot trailer near mile 69 of the highway.
Troopers say a propane leak is suspected in the explosion, which was triggered when the O’Briens tried to light a burner on their propane stove.
According to troopers, the walls and roof of the trailer were blown off in the blast.
The O’Briens’ dog also was injured and treated at an Anchorage veterinarian clinic.