Houghton, MI – Carbon monoxide poisoning is being blamed for the death of two people in Houghton County.

Authorities say the bodies of 87-year-old Cecil Louis Manges and his son, 54-year-old Jayson Louis Manges were discovered by a relative, Friday, in a home on South Laird Road.

Inside the residence, investigators found high levels of carbon monoxide. They believe the leak was caused by a faulty wall heater and unventilated propane refrigerator.

Authorities say the investigation will remain open while toxicology tests are completed.