Rowland Heights, CA – San Gabriel Valley Tribune, By Ruby Gonzales

Two firefighters were injured while battling a garage fire Wednesday that caused an estimated $250,000 in damages.

A natural gas leak may have started the blaze which destroyed a BMW.

“It looked like a gas line to the water heater became loose and found an ignition source,” said Acting Fire Capt. Henry Morales.

There were reports of explosion from neighbors, he said. “We had a pretty intense fire.”

The garage fire broke out at 10:45 a.m. in the 18300 block of Vantage Pointe Drive. The resident was able to get out.She wasn’t injured, he said.

The fire was kept to the garage. About 30 firefighters were at the scene and knocked down the fire in 20 minutes.