Chicago, IL – CBS2Chicago -Two men died and a 51-year-old man was sickened Monday night from breathing the exhaust fumes of a car they were repairing in a closed garage in the Englewood neighborhood.

The victims were discovered at about 9 p.m. at 6101 S. Damen Ave., According to Fire Department Spokesman Will Knight.

The two were identified as James McKenzie, 61, and Fred Jackson, 65, both of 6101 S. Damen Av., according to a Cook County medical examiner’s office spokesman.

The 51-year-old man was found alive. He was in critical condition when taken to Holy Cross Hospital, according to a police News Affairs notification.

The three men apparently had been working on the tires of a car in the private garage, Walsh said. The doors of the garage were closed, and the motor was kept running. With no fresh air coming in, the men breathed the fumes until they apparently passed out, he said.