VA Beach, VA – A propane fire in the Sandbridge section of Virginia Beach has burned two people.

A resident of the home on Sailfish Lane smelled a propane gas smell this morning and called for a technician.

The technician was trying to remove a propane fireplace on the third floor when there was a flash fire.

The fire severely burned the homeowner, who was flown to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital for treatment.

The technician was taken by ambulance to Virginia Beach General Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.