Wasilla, AK – WASILLA, Alaska (KTUU) – A young boy has died and several others were sent to the hospital after a reported exhaust leak caused carbon monoxide poisoning in the home. The boy was only 10 years old.
On Sunday, Alaska State Troopers responded to a 911 call in Wasilla, stating that there had possibly been multiple victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.
They identified the cause of the leak to “a propane powered appliance [which] had an exhaust leak” during a preliminary investigation. They said that at this time, no foul play is suspected in the boy’s death.
According to an online dispatch posted late Sunday night, troopers say they arrived to Klebs Road in Wasilla at 8:55 p.m.
There, the officers found the deceased young boy and two other occupants in the home who were transported to a local hospital for “non-life threatening injuries and treatment.”
The boy has not been identified, nor have the other individuals transported to the hospital.