Binghamton, NY – Three people are in the hospital after getting carbon monoxide poisoning in a vacant home on Pleasant Street in Binghamton Wednesday night.

The Binghamton Fire Department responded to the scene just after 10 p.m. They reported seeing very high carbon monoxide levels.

Binghamton Fire Department’s Captain Park says two men and one woman were transported to a Central New York hospital for special treatment. At this time he wasn’t sure of the severity of their condition.

Park says a generator was running in the home at the time and poor ventalation caused fumes to build up.