Schuylkill Haven, PA – WNEP – Ten people in Schuylkill County were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. It happened at a duplex along East Liberty Street in Schuylkill Haven Saturday morning. Crews said a coal stoker in the basement malfunctioned and the carbon monoxide spread throughout the house.The same problem happened Friday night. Crews were there and thought the furnace was fixed.

“Carbon monoxide, being an odorless and colorless gas, will kill you. This is a serious situation. We’re not accustomed to this in a small town of Schuylkill Haven, although it can happen to anyone, anywhere,” said Schuylkill Haven Fire Chief Bob Peel.

Saturday night, fire officials said it looked like all ten people taken to the hospital were going to be okay.