Temperanceville, MD – A gas explosion at the

Temperanceville Masonic Lodge during a Monday

evening meeting left one man suffering burn

injuries that required hospitalization.

Atlantic Volunteer Fire Company and Oak Hall

Rescue were called to the scene at 10268 Lankford

Highway about 8 p.m. after a buildup of gas in the

lodge meeting room caused an explosion, burning

one of two men who were attempting to light a

propane heater.

The 911 call indicated there was an explosion with

burn injuries at the lodge, Eastern Shore of Virginia

911 Commission Director Jeff Flournoy said.

The lodge was having a meeting at the time, but no

other members were injured and the building does

not have any fire damage, Atlantic Fire Chief David

Grant said.

The injured man was transported by ambulance to

Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, Md.