Rodgers, AR – Two teenagers from Rogers were treated for minor burns in a boating accident at Rocky Branch Marina.

The two girls were among eight people yesterday who were in a boat when motor fumes ignited. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers says the boaters did not vent the fumes while fueling the 1994 CrownLine motorboat.

When the driver went to start the boat after pushing off, a spark from the battery ignited the fumes, and there was an explosion near the motor toward the back of the boat.

A marina worker said she heard the explosion from inside the marina and saw small puffs of smoke. One girl jumped from the boat after the explosion burned her. The two were treated at a hospital.