Pierce, ID – PIERCE, Idaho, Casper Star Tribune – Two teenagers are being credited with saving the life of an 84-year-old woman trapped in her burning house.

The fire happened Sunday afternoon as Eunice and Frank Stone were sitting in their living room. Investigators said the couple’s propane heater exploded and ignited the home’s interior.

Frank Stone apparently was unable to lift his wife off the floor and drag her outside.

Kyle Kingen and Seth DeBusk, both 16 years old, were next door in DeBusk’s home when they heard the explosion. The two ran inside and found Eunice Stone just inside the doorway.

“Some of the walls were on fire and there were spots on the furniture on fire and the curtains next to the door were on fire. It was just a bunch of smoke,” Kingen said.

They grabbed her arms and dragged her outside, where neighbors helped carry her across the street to wait for medical help.

Eunice Stone was taken by air ambulance to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where she was in intensive care Tuesday and listed in serious condition. Frank Stone’s condition was not immediately available.

The house was destroyed.