Tahoka, TX – An explosion ignited a house fire in Tahoka leaving a man in serious condition Friday morning. NewsChannel 11’s Nicole Pesecky has the latest.

Just after 9 o’clock Thursday night fire crews responded to a house fire inthe 1100 block of 5th Street. The fire marshal’s office beleives the blaze was caused by a propane explosion.

The explosion sent the man who lived at the home to the hospital. The victim…JD Clay was transported by aerocare to UMC’s burn unit with severe burns.

It took fire teams reportedly 30 minutes to extinguish the flames. The home is destroyed. Witnesses say they heard multiple explosions and pieces of debri were found blocks away.

JD Clay remains at UMC in serious condition Friday morning. We’ll bring you the latest as it becomes available to us.