PA – The Tribune-Review – An explosion leveled a house in Sutersville early Sunday morning.No one was inside the two-story brick house at 505 Eighth Ave. when an apparent natural gas explosion destroyed it just before 3 a.m., said Sutersville Fire Chief Mark Ghion.
New occupants were to move into the house this week, but the structure was totaled in the explosion, he said.
“There is no way you can tell where anything was supposed to be in that house,” Ghion said. “The second floor collapsed into the first.”
The house’s garage door was blown off and came to rest between 100 and 150 feet from the structure. Bricks and other debris were scattered over a wide area, Ghion said.
The force of the blast blew out windows on a neighboring house and damaged a vehicle parked in a neighboring house’s garage, he said. No injuries were reported.
Representatives from Columbia Gas and a state police fire marshal are to be on scene today to conduct an investigation, Ghion said.