Urbana, IL – No injuries were reported after a suspected natural gas explosion in an unoccupied building on the University of Illinois campus.

The (Champaign) News-Gazette reports Tuesday morning’s fire in Urbana was reported around 6 a.m.

The building was once a doctor’s office and the former University Faculty Assistance Building.

Urbana Fire Chief Brian Nightlinger told the newspaper that authorities believe a natural gas leak sparked the explosion and subsequent fire that shot flames into the sky.

He says investigators will plan to disassemble the rest of the building to reach debris that’s burning inside.