Detroit, MI – Authorities say four people have died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on Detroit’s west side.

Detroit fire officials say a 37-year-old man, two boys and a girl died about 3 a.m. Thursday in their home.

WJBK-TV says the mother of the children found the victims unconscious. Fire officials believe the family was using a generator in the basement for power.

The children, ages 6 to 14 years old, were taken to Sinai Grace Hospital in Detroit. The man was taken to Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn.

The man’s relationship to the family was not immediately known.

Messages seeking comment were left Thursday with Detroit fire officials.