Anaconda, ID – Billins Gazatte, Associated Press

ANACONDA — Anaconda Job Corps students sickened by a dormitory carbon monoxide leak have either been released by hospitals or are scheduled to be released Sunday, school officials said Saturday.

“According to the medical people at the different hospitals, they are fine and they’ve been released to work in their trade or attend to their education,” said Bob Hogan, assistant student supervisor at the center.

Twenty students were flown Friday to hospitals around the Northwest. Hogan said all have been discharged except for five students in a Pocatello, Idaho, hospital who are expected to be released Sunday morning. Ten other students were treated and released from area hospitals.

All students are expected back in class or on the job by Monday.

A cracked exhaust pipe on a heater is blamed for the leak Friday which left some victims unconscious and others suffering convulsions. Authorities were called to the center 10 miles west of Anaconda at about 7:30 a.m. after a nurse reported finding several dozen students sick.

The Anaconda Job Corps Center serves 236 students ages 16 to 24 and offers training in welding, clerical skills, painting, carpentry, engineering, mechanics, bricklaying and culinary arts.