St. Libory, NE – Firefighters were called Thursday night to a fiercely burning St. Libory home.

Initial reports on the radio signal that called firefighters to the blaze indicated that the fire may have started as the result of some kind of “house explosion,” possibly caused by propane.

No confirmation of the cause of the fire was possible by press time, however.

Emergency radio traffic also indicated that no one was hurt as a result of the house explosion and fire, although that could not be confirmed by press time, either.

Firefighters were still busy fighting the blaze as The Independent went to press Thursday night.