TX- Six people including four teenagers were injured early Saturday morning when the Hunt County home they were inside exploded, fire officials said.
The home blew up about 12:56 a.m. Officials said a preliminary investigation indicated the blast in the 6100 block of FM1565 probably was caused by a propane gas leak inside the house.
Three of the people inside were taken to Presbyterian Hospital Greenville in private cars, and two were transported in ambulances. Once there, all five were flown by Care Flite to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. Their conditions were not known Saturday morning.
Another person inside received minor injuries and did not require medical attention. A seventh person at the home was uninjured, officials said.
The names of the injured were not released Saturday morning. Officials said three of the people at the home lived there, but it was unclear how or if they were related.
Total devastation of the house is the only way to describe it, said Hunt County Fire Marshal Richard Hill. The bricks were literally blown off the walls.
The home sits on a road south of Interstate 30 and east of Royse City. Mr. Hill described the explosion, which blew out two exterior walls, as quick and powerful.
We believe the blast actually self-extinguished the fire, he said.