Union County, OH – Union County Sheriff’s Deputies say carbon monoxide poisoning is the probable cause of death of two people found in a jeep last Saturday.

Deputies say after the vehicle got stuck in a creek by a culvert 29-year-old Trevor Zimmerman and 21-year-old Sarah Lee stayed inside to wait on a tow truck. But the couple didn’t realize the jeep was filling up with carbon monoxide.By the time the tow truck arrived, the two were dead.

The Franklin County Coroner will conduct autopsies to determine the official cause of death.