Chicago, IL – Chicago Tribune – Three people who were sickened by carbon monoxide fumes at a downtown

restaurant yesterday were recovering in an area hospital early today, officials said.

A faulty dishwasher leaking carbon monoxide fumes caused the evacuation of Lawry’s Prime Rib restaurant, 100 E. Ontario St., yesterday evening, officials said.

Six people became ill at about 6:30 p.m. when high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the kitchen, a witness said.

A man and a woman were taken to Lincoln Park Hospital in stable condition, said Will Knight, Fire Department spokesman.

The two, along with another person who was sickened by the fumes, were admitted to the hospital, a nursing superviser said. They were in stable condition early this morning, the supervisor said.

Several other people were treated at the scene, Knight said.