Cleburne, TX – A second family member who was inside the house on Woodard Avenue in Cleburne that exploded May 29 has died.
Hazel Sanderson, 44, died Sunday night at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas from injuries sustained in the blast.
Sandersons mother, Hazel Pawlik, 64, died June 2 at the same hospital, also from injuries from the explosion.
Sandersons daughter, Stephanie Sanderson, 12, remains hospitalized at Parkland. Details on her condition have not been released. Doctors released Sandersons husband, Steve Sanderson, 49, and her father David Pawlik, 66, in early June.
A gas leak, a lit match and a broken seal on an air conditioner combined to cause two explosions seconds apart within the home, according to findings by the Cleburne Fire Department.
Steve Sanderson was attempting to help his wife out of the house when the second explosion blew them and the front door out onto the porch, according to CFD reports. Stephanie Sanderson and Hazel Pawlik were both inside the house when the second explosion occurred.
The family filed a lawsuit against gas company Atmos Energy last month, seeking unspecified damages. Natural gas apparently leaked from the sewer into the home before it exploded.