Seattle, WA – Seattle Times — A 49-year-old man was found dead in his Crown Hill area home today after apparently being overcome by a carbon monoxide leak from a furnace.

The man, who authorities did not identified, was found by his wife lying on the downstairs bathroom floor of the couple’s three-story house in the 2300 block of Northwest Esplanade CQshortly before 6:30 a.m., said Seattle Fire Department spokeswoman Helen Fitzpatrick.

Extremely high levels of the deadly, odorless toxin were found at a furnace in the basement level of the house, Fitzpatrick said.

The man was dead on the scene and his wife, 39, and two children, 9 and 12 years old, were taken to Virginia Mason Medical Center. Fitzpatrick said the three survivors had strong vital signs but showed signs of carbon monoxide exposure.