Salt Lake City, UT – A suspected natural gas explosion destroyed a Sandy restaurant early Monday morning, but no injuries were reported.

Sandy Fire Department dispatchers said the blast, at Johanna’s Restaurant, 9725 S. State Street, was reported at 12:06 a.m.

Fire crews, who reported the smell of natural gas on the scene, responded to extinguish flames in the charred remains. Debris from the explosion littered nearby streets.

Questar Gas crews were sent to the scene to make sure gas lines leading into the site were shut down.

Questar spokesman Darren Shepherd said the explosion broke a gas meter leading into the building, and crews found gas leaking from that location. However, after the flow of gas was shut down at the meter, crews did not find indications of any other leaks in ground lines nearby.

“They are still investigating, but it appears whatever happened, happened inside [the restaurant],” Shepherd said.

The restaurant, which lost most of its rear wall, was deemed a total loss.