Union City, GA – WSBTV -At least one person was injured Friday when a gas leak at a south Fulton County home sparked a blast that virtually destroyed the two-story residence.
The victim, said to be a 30-year-old man, was rushed for medical treatment to Grady Memorial Hospital after the blast, which occurred at a home in the 4800 block of Evans Drive in Union City. The man’s condition was pending.
Authorities said it appears that the blast was tied to a gas leak although it was not immediately clear whether it was a natural gas or propane that ignited the blast.
No other injuries were reported.