Pine Lawn, MO- A natural gas leak is to blame for a Pine Lawn house explosion that happened over the weekend.

Residents say the Saturday morning blast woke up just about everyone on the block.

They say they smelled gas just a day before the blast, and that Laclede Gas was slow to respond. A couple of residents tell News 4 that they’ve called the company before about the smell of natural gas, but were assured that everything was okay.

They say they believe the house could have been saved if the company would have responded sooner.

However, Laclede Gas says it does not have a record of anyone calling from that neighborhood.