NY, NY- New York Daily News -A hearing-impaired husband and wife were found dead in their Queens home, and police were investigating whether they were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

Their bodies were found at about 7 p.m. Wednesday inside 242-22 Oak Park Drive in the Douglaston section, police said.

Investigators found the couple’s car parked in the garage with the key in the “on” position and the tank empty, said Sgt. Kevin Farrell, a police department spokesman.

Police said the couple whose names were not released may have accidentally left the car running and could not hear it from inside the


The medical examiner’s office will determine the official cause of death.