Queenstown, MD- Authorities say a propane worker suffered serious burns as the result of a gas explosion that occurred Tuesday in Queenstown.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the 4:05 p.m. explosion occurred in the basement of a house on Bennett Point Road.

As a result of the explosion, 44-year-old Michael Moore, a service technician for United Propane Service, suffered second- and third-degree burns on his hands, arms and face. He was transported to Anne Arundel Hospital where he was treated and released.

The explosion and the resulting fire caused an estimated $20,000 to the home’s structure and another $1,000 in damage to its contents.

It took 25 firefighters from the Queenstown, Grasonville and Kent Island fire companies half an hour to get the fire under control.

The fire has been ruled accidental.