Sugarcreek Township, OH – A fireplace explosion Sunday night that sent one man to a hospital is being blamed on a propane source, the Sugarcreek Twp. Fire Department said late Monday afternoon.

The man who was trapped in rubble at a home in the 2300 block of Waynesville Road after the fireplace collapsed in the explosion is recovering after surgery, a spokeswoman in Fire Chief Randall Pavlak’s office said Monday.

A 911 call to the fire department dispatch at about 6:55 p.m. Sunday about the collapse and entrapment, the fire department said in new information released Monday afternoon.

Fire crews found the victim trapped on the lower level of the home from the fireplace, but there was not a fire. That victim was taken to Miami Valley Hospital by CareFlight.

Two other people in the two-story home escaped without injury.

Damage to the home, valued at $1 million, was estimated at $75,000, according to the department.

The fire department and the state fire marshal’s office were continuing their investigations Monday to pin down the propane source that led to the explosion.