Peosta, IA – PEOSTA, Iowa — A leak in a propane tank is being blamed for an explosion that destroyed a home in the northeast Iowa town of Peosta. Assistant fire Chief Ray Stephan said the investigation is continuing to determine the source of the leak.
Wes and Sandy Siebe and their two children were returning home from a weekend holiday trip when they received a call on their cell phone that their house was on fire. Siebe said the explosion, felt by neighbors a half-mile away, blew the double-garage doors 140 feet.
No injuries were reported.