Montrose, CO – A Montrose family is picking up the pieces after an explosion ripped through a bathroom in their home Thursday.

Montrose Fire officials say the Brasier family’s home is missing a wall and windows in a bathroom where one of the children was trying to take a bath in a jacuzzi tub Thursday night around 5:30 p.m.

The house located at 59671 W. Miami Road apparently had a propane leak under it.

The child tried to start the tubs jets a few times and the propane finally ignited, lifting the tub eight inches off the ground, demolishing a wall and blowing out windows in the bathroom.

Officials say no one was hurt and the child was lucky because the tub was filled with water.

Loss in this incident is estimated at $10,000.