Galeton, CO – Two people are hospitalized after their Weld County farmhouse exploded and burned.

The explosion happened early Monday after a man said his stove exploded. The farmhouse is about four miles south of Galeton in northern Colorado.

A spokeswoman for the Weld County Sheriff’s Office said that the explosion injured 23-year-old Brandon Zeller and 25-year-old Brandi Patterson.

A neighbor told the Greeley Tribune that some puppies died in the blast.

The north wall of the two-bedroom farmhouse was blown 20 feet off its foundation by the explosion, which is being blamed on a propane leak. Zeller and Patterson were being treated at the burn center at North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley.