Beryl, Ut- A Utah man died on Saturday night after a propane heater exploded and sent carbon monoxide into his home.

Authorities say witnesses reported hearing the small explosion at a home in the town of Beryl, which is about 40 miles west of Cedar City. When officials arrived at the home, they found the heater damaged and the man dead.

Francisco Mendoza-Garcia, 21, is believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Another man inside the house, Teodoro Mendoza, 30, was hospitalized with the same poisoning. He was taken in critical condition and reported to be in a coma.

What caused the propane heater to explode was not immediately clear.