Ada, OK -woman is dead and a man seriously burned after a propane heater explosion northwest of Ada this morning, authorities said.
The victim is a 70-year-old woman, state emergency management spokeswoman Michelann Ooten said. Her name has not been released.
A man found outside the burning home was flown to an Oklahoma City hospital to be treated for burns, Ada Fire Marshal Justin Priest said. His name and condition were not available.
An explosion was reported at a home, just northwest of Ada, , about 10:55 a.m., Ada Fire Marshal Justin Priest said.
When firefighters arrived, the home was engulfed in flames and a man with severe burns was outside the residence. A witness went inside the home to search for additional victims, but a second explosion rocked the home, Priest said.
A leaking 40-gallon propane tank on a heater ignited inside the home, causing the first explosion. The second explosion was caused by a second heater with a 30-gallon tank, he said.
The Oil Center and Pickett volunteer fire departments assisted the Ada fire department in extinguishing the fire.
No additional injuries were reported.